• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

betto

What is the name of your state? New Mexico
Hi, My husband committed adultery and I have filed for divorce. We have only been married for one year. He gave me a vehicle as gift before we were married, and when I moved out he harassed me to return the vehicle, so I did. He still owes on it and is making payments. Because this was a gift before marriage, can I get the vehicle and make him pay for it? I sold my can when he gave me the new one and now I am without a car. What are my rights.

VeronicaGia

betto said:
What is the name of your state? New Mexico
Hi, My husband committed adultery and I have filed for divorce. We have only been married for one year. He gave me a vehicle as gift before we were married, and when I moved out he harassed me to return the vehicle, so I did. He still owes on it and is making payments. Because this was a gift before marriage, can I get the vehicle and make him pay for it? I sold my can when he gave me the new one and now I am without a car. What are my rights.
Is the vehicle titled solely to him? If a judge awards you the vehicle in the divorce, with the condition that you refinance the vehicle, can you afford to refinance it in your name only?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">