• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JT28

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

My wife and I are getting divorced without hiring an attorney. We have come to agreement on everything about property, custody, debts, and child support. Our judge said that we had to file a final decree, and after that he would grant us a divorce. What else should be included in a final decree and how should it be worded?

VeronicaGia

JT28 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

My wife and I are getting divorced without hiring an attorney. We have come to agreement on everything about property, custody, debts, and child support. Our judge said that we had to file a final decree, and after that he would grant us a divorce. What else should be included in a final decree and how should it be worded?
First and foremost, you should be sure to retain joint legal and physical custody of the kids.

Secondly, never, ever agree to "reasonable' or "liberal" visitation. Make sure your parenting time is written into the decree to include specific days, dates, times, holidays, etc.

Finally, be sure to include verbage that neither parent can move with the children more than 100 miles from the other parent, neither parent can move with the children to another state without written agreement from the other parent, and the parent who does move away is responsible for 100% of the transportation costs associated with visitation, in case one parent moves 75 miles away.

Another excellent website: www.deltabravo.net

nextwife

And whomever retains a jointly financed asset should only agree to do so in conjunction with refinancing the other party OFF the debt in exchange for full ownership.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">