• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Failure To Appears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

s742_2000

undefinedCalifornia , I have a question redgerding the amount of acceptable punishment for a second failure to appear , this is the story. I got a ticket once for no regisrtation and a few weeks later for running a stop sign this was in the year 2000 , well later on that year i had gotten a DUI and was in jail for eight days , during this time under state law they should have taken care of these tickets , so happens they didnt i get a bench warrant sayin to appear to court, I didnt, so now four years go by I wanna get my lisence back and I go down to see what needs to be done, that warrant is there, i set a court date, miss it and hence the second violation for FTA what is the biggest possible fine and or jail time i can recieve for this and what is the more likely sentence?
Thank You,

Shawn Creamer :eek:

HomeGuru

s742_2000 said:
undefinedCalifornia , I have a question redgerding the amount of acceptable punishment for a second failure to appear , this is the story. I got a ticket once for no regisrtation and a few weeks later for running a stop sign this was in the year 2000 , well later on that year i had gotten a DUI and was in jail for eight days , during this time under state law they should have taken care of these tickets , so happens they didnt i get a bench warrant sayin to appear to court, I didnt, so now four years go by I wanna get my lisence back and I go down to see what needs to be done, that warrant is there, i set a court date, miss it and hence the second violation for FTA what is the biggest possible fine and or jail time i can recieve for this and what is the more likely sentence?
Thank You,

Shawn Creamer :eek:
**A: you're kidding right?

S

s742_2000

ne= any guess being book smart isnt so smart after all :)

Shawn,

The “advice” you will get from the usual inhabitants of these boards is worthless as tits on a fish. They tend to use it for nothing more than fodder with which to make fun of the posters asking for help and advice.

You need an attorney because these are no longer traffic torts but have devolved into the realm of criminal law. PM me and I’ll give you some attorneys in your area, attorneys recommended by a pro-motorist organization.

Here’s my practical advice. Do not ever let the administrative or housekeeping details interfere with your life. Keep your car registered and the documentation readily available. Keep your safety and emission inspections up to date and the documentation displayed and available. Keep your license current and readily available. Keep your insurance current and readily available. Don’t rely on the court to act in your best interest and expect the officers of the court to act against you. In short, don’t give the cop an excuse to stop you and don’t provide any additional charges when he does. Do not ever fail to appear for court, even if it means a 400 mile overnight trip.

HomeGuru

James Young said:
Shawn,

The “advice” you will get from the usual inhabitants of these boards is worthless as tits on a fish. They tend to use it for nothing more than fodder with which to make fun of the posters asking for help and advice.

**A: you again James Young Mr. Fishhead?

HomeGuru writes:

**A: you again James Young Mr. Fishhead?

Somebody needs to speak the truth. All the questioners can read what the jokesters write and what I write and do the calculus for themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">