• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the most important thing to know when hiring an attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luvnlsu

What is important when hiring an attorney?
Other than hiring a criminal attorney for a criminal case, does one attorney have an advantage of other attorneys?
Is it better to hire a local attorney that knows the local judges and local DA's? or is it better to bring an a big name attorney?

L

luvnlsu

More questions

Does it matter if the attorney has friends in the DA office or is it strickly run by the law is the law?
Does it matter if the attorney thinks that you are innocent? Or do most attornies think that everyone that is arrested is guilty?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

luvnlsu said:
What is important when hiring an attorney?
Other than hiring a criminal attorney for a criminal case, does one attorney have an advantage of other attorneys?
Is it better to hire a local attorney that knows the local judges and local DA's? or is it better to bring an a big name attorney?

TOP 10 Things You Need To Know About Your Criminal Attorney - -

NUMBER 10: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Let's not make this worse than it already is. My client needs your "not guilty" verdict because in school, he was already voted "Least Likely to Succeed."

NUMBER 9: You ask your attorney, "Will you allow yourself to be swayed by a mountain of overwhelming evidence?"

NUMBER 8: He shaved the Court TV logo into his beard.

NUMBER 7: "Have you ever had a conjugal visit with former Attorney General Janet Reno?"

NUMBER 6: Your attorney REFUSES to object when the District Attorney asks you on the stand, "Feelin' lucky? Well, are ya, punk?"

NUMBER 5: His "tip" to you on the first day of trial - - "Try not to be such a loser...."

NUMBER 4: He begins every Jury case with, "We'll start the bribing at ten thousand."

NUMBER 3: Ask if he's mentioned on "The Sopranos" a lot.

NUMBER 2: When you have a meeting with him in his office, he frisks you for a wire.

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Thing You Need To Know About Your Criminal Attorney - -

His last article in the "Law Journal" was about finding the right fence for your stolen goods.

IAAL

L

luvnlsu

to "i am liable"

so as am attorney, you believe that everyone arrested is guilty?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

luvnlsu said:
so as am attorney, you believe that everyone arrested is guilty?

My response:

Funny you should mention that. Coincidentally, that's what I say to the judge when I want to get out of jury duty!

That way, only the "LOSERS" are left to sit in that jury box. Something to think about when you, or whomever you're concerned about, goes on trial.

IAAL

L

luvnlsu

you are arrogant

It is s o funny to see what you write. You seem to be a man that thinks so much of himself and the system, however the system is depending on people that can't even finish high school - a few even graduate from high school. i guess you forgot that cops and investigators do not even have to have a high school degree - most of your cops and investigators have a GED. wow - you must enjoy working with what you call "losers" in the jury box and investigators that don't even have a high school degree. Ok now i understand why you think that you are somebody - look who you surround yourself with every day!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

luvnlsu said:
It is so funny to see what you write.

MY RESPONSE: Thank you!

You seem to be a man that thinks so much of himself

MY RESPONSE: Once again, thank you!

and the system, however the system is depending on people that can't even finish high school - a few even graduate from high school. i guess you forgot that cops and investigators do not even have to have a high school degree - most of your cops and investigators have a GED. wow - you must enjoy working with what you call "losers" in the jury box and investigators that don't even have a high school degree. Ok now i understand why you think that you are somebody - look who you surround yourself with every day!

MY RESPONSE: Ummmmm . . . . who's going on trial? You or me?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

IAAL

L

luvnlsu

attorneys opinion

I was trying to get some sincere input from attorneys on this forum.

Do you have any useful comments or not?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

luvnlsu said:
Do you have any useful comments or not?

My response:

Gee. Now you've gone and hurt my feelings. I have always believed that every word I utter is "useful". Damn, I better re-think this whole "lawyer thing".

Hey, if it will help, I have another "Top 10" list in mind. Would that be beneficial to you? If not, just make sure that when you get in the courtroom that the judge doesn't have a rope and noose on his bench.

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">