• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I Entitled To Anything In Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gladyce

:( Texas

My husband of 2 yrs & 8 mos., (we lived together 3 yrs before), and I are seriously considering a legal separation. When I ask him to sit down and look over the documents we ordered as a kit, he says, "Just put down what was yours when you came here".

I agree, the only thing I had of value was a car which has since been wrecked and now I have a car he bought me, but, everything is in his name. He has me feeling so down and unworthy that I don't know if I am allowed to ask for anything in the separation agreement.

I am 55 years old. I have applied for my disability over 18 months ago. I haven't gotten it yet, but, my attorney assures me that I will get it when I have a meeting with the Administrative Law Judge.

I want to leave, but, right now it seems as if I am "between a rock and a hard place". He has land, retirement, 401K Plan, etc.

I am his 4th wife. This is my 2nd marriage. My first husband died in 1987.

Do I have a right to ask for anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">