• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Karana1298

What is the name of your state? California

Im a mother of 2, I found some drugs in my oldest son's pants pocket, they are pills of some kind, so I put them in a bag and figured I would take them to the police because I wanted to first find out what they were, and second give them over to the cops where I knew no other kid would be able to use them. On my way to the police station, I was pulled over for a "california stop", when the cop came up to my window, I explained to him about the drugs and handed them to him. He is now trying to charge me for possession! Can they do this to me?

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

Karana1298 said:

Im a mother of 2, I found some drugs in my oldest son's pants pocket, they are pills of some kind, so I put them in a bag and figured I would take them to the police because I wanted to first find out what they were, and second give them over to the cops where I knew no other kid would be able to use them. On my way to the police station, I was pulled over for a "california stop", when the cop came up to my window, I explained to him about the drugs and handed them to him. He is now trying to charge me for possession! Can they do this to me?
If this is true:
Did you think of calling the police and report finding these drugs and ask how they wanted to follow up on them?

They can charge you for possession because you had possession, not very smart to violate the vehicle code on the way to the police department.

If they charge you, throw yourself on the mercy of the court. Also a good idea if you are doing any form of substance abuse to test clean when they test, and they will test. You know if you need a criminal defense attorney.

HomeGuru

Karana1298 said:

**A: I vote this thread of the week.

This reminds me of that episode of Cops when this woman was trying to get the local drug dealer in trouble. She bought some crack from him and called the police so show them the evidence. She was ANGRY to say the least when they arrested her for possession.

AHA

Not this case specifically, but if it wasn't for poor driving skills a lot of crooks would get away. Then again many crooks aren't very smart, so serves them right to draw attention to themselves on the road after commiting a crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">