• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Texas12345

What is the name of your state?
Texas.

Here is the situation, I had a no insurance ticket from Harris county Sherrif, and I went to court for it and all that, I was given an arrangement to pay my fine over a period of time. Anyway, at a point I could not afford the payment, so I stopped paying, I spoke to the county office about it and all seems fine. Anyway, I was stopped for a routine check later, and after running my license the guy said you have a want for "caprious profile" and for suspended license I was taken in and locked up. Mind you I had insurance at that time. I did time, probably about 2 days, and paid other necessary fees. Since I have never committed any offense that might have resulted in my license being suspended, I was told that since I failed to pay the fines, the license was automatically susspended. I have since renewed my license. The only problem is that I was told this will stay on my record forever. This year during another check, another cop from another precinct stopped me saying I owe money for the fine and that it was never paid, at which point I told the officer I did time for it already. The guy refused to listen to me, anyway he took me in again, at which point he said I could withdraw money to pay the fine and he will let me go, which I did. Here is my dilemma

1. My license was suspended without being told that it will be suspended unless I pay the fine immediately, I am sure I would have borrowed money to pay this fine in order to prevent the license from being suspended if I was told earlier.

2. What effect does this have on employers when they pull my background checks and see this, what can i say or how do I explain myself. I am of the opinion that "a criminal, is a criminal is a criminal" that means they probably are not interested in what I have to say.

3. Can this be removed, or possibly petitioned?

Last edited:

<Bill>

Texas12345 said:
What is the name of your state?
Texas.

Here is the situation, I had a no insurance ticket from Harris county Sherrif, and I went to court for it and all that, I was given an arrangement to pay my fine over a period of time. Anyway, at a point I could not afford the payment, so I stopped paying, I spoke to the county office about it and all seems fine. Anyway, I was stopped for a routine check later, and after running my license the guy said you have a want for "caprious profile" and for suspended license I was taken in and locked up. Mind you I had insurance at that time. I did time, probably about 2 days, and paid other necessary fees. Since I have never committed any offense that might have resulted in my license being suspended, I was told that since I failed to pay the fines, the license was automatically susspended. I have since renewed my license. The only problem is that I was told this will stay on my record forever. This year during another check, another cop from another precinct stopped me saying I owe money for the fine and that it was never paid, at which point I told the officer I did time for it already. The guy refused to listen to me, anyway he took me in again, at which point he said I could withdraw money to pay the fine and he will let me go, which I did. Here is my dilemma

1. My license was suspended without being told that it will be suspended unless I pay the fine immediately, I am sure I would have borrowed money to pay this fine in order to prevent the license from being suspended if I was told earlier.

2. What effect does this have on employers when they pull my background checks and see this, what can i say or how do I explain myself. I am of the opinion that "a criminal, is a criminal is a criminal" that means they probably are not interested in what I have to say.

3. Can this be removed, or possibly petitioned?
It kinda depends on what kind of job you have if your a commercial vehicle driver or a professional who has high ethics standards, it might be a problem.

I think you have a misdemeanor on your record and they would see it as an accidental oversight, as long as they can see it was a delinquent ticket and not a suspension for DUI.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">