• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carpal Tunnel Surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Reilly

What is the name of your state?:mad: What is the name of your state? Florida
Had carpal tunnel surgery one year ago. My medial nerve was lacerated 90%. My incision is 3" long from middle of palm to wrist. Doctor had no idea he lacerated the nerve. When I called the doctor the following morning I was taken back to surg and a consulting physician was called in to reattach the nerve. Consulting physician told me later that the situation was so wrong he reported the first doctor to the hospital administration. My hand is now termed as a "blind hand" and will suffer the rest of my life. I have filed a law suit. The term "less than standard of care" has been used. The consulting physician will testify in my favor along with another expert witness. Has anyone ever had a similar experience? What are my chances of winning this case? Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Reilly

ellencee

Consulting physician told me later that the situation was so wrong he reported the first doctor to the hospital administration.
If the consulting physican will testify to that statement and if there is any documentation to support it, your chances are improved--however--there are no absolutes in what a court or a jury will do. Your chances seem reasonably good; but don't start counting dollar signs. There's always the right of the defense to appeal if they lose, too. Victory could be a long way off.

Best wishes,
EC

J

joeyblow

What are my chances of winning this case?
Your attorney and their consulting experts can give you the most accurate indication of your chances of winning since they have all of the facts.

However, from the information you've given, looks like a slam dunk to me. Unless you've got some funky anatomy, the first surgeon screwed up big time. You'll probably be getting a pretty nice check in 2 to 3 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">