• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have filed divorce, wife left, and left children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Four4Daddy

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have filed for divorce after finding out my wife was having an online affair with a minor. Our 4 children are living with me. She has been gone about a month now. She has been here to "take" things and one time brought a little food. I recieved a letter (for her) in the mail stating that we were approved for food stamps and believe she may have this. She moved in with a friend of hers that has been convicted of Sexual Misconduct With A Minor [35=42-4-9]. I have filed for temporary physical cusody of the children and hope to retain that in the final hearing as well. She asked if I would agree to joint custody. I said that I would agree to Joint Legal Custody. I'm not clear on how she felt about that. I do know that I do not want my children around this paticular friend and that she is living with them. Can I prevent her from having visitation rights until she is away from this friend? And, how do I prove any of this. When she calls, she blocks the phone number. Usually she calls to curse at me.. I was denied any assistance from financial aid of any sort. I make roughly 22k a year. She left the children with a bad case of head lice as well, which I took care of. I have had a few medical expenses regarding the children since as well w/o benefits. She does not work. I work fulltime and take care of our children. I guess my biggest question is, will I be able to get custody of the children?
And what steps should I do to correct some of these problems i.e. food stamps, masked calls, dishonesty, etc..

Wow. Just a couple of observations. If the person she is living with is a convicted child predator I doubt that her friend would even be allowed anywhere around your children. Check with your local PD if he is a child offender....

As far as the phone calls go, there is a code you can put on your phone that will prohibit any calls coming in that are not identified. Check with your local phone company. If you have caller ID you probably have that service as well.

If she was having an online affair with a minor, take the computer down to the local PD and have them pull off the conversations she had. maybe they can find her a permanent place to stay for the next five or ten years.

And of course get an attorney. Beg or borrow the money to get one but for the sake of your children get one...

rmet4nzkx

Report the online affair with the minor to the local police and to the FBI, they investigate internet crimes.

Change the locks. You can get a restraining order to protect you and your children and also petition the court for supervised supervision if she is to have any.

Report her appplication for food stamps, inform them you have custody of the children.

F

Four4Daddy

>>Wow. Just a couple of observations. If the person she is living with is a >>convicted child predator I doubt that her friend
>>would even be allowed anywhere around your children. Check with your >>local PD if he is a child offender....

Actually SHE is listed on the Indiana Sex and Violent Offenders Registry
http://www.indianasheriffs.ord/default.org

>>If she was having an online affair with a minor, take the computer down to >>the local PD and have them pull off the
>>conversations she had. maybe they can find her a permanent place to >>stay for the next five or ten years.

I have copies of emails and phone records where she has been in contact with this boy.. I don't know his exact age, but I recall a few emails that he goes to school and that his father had threatened to take his computer and cell phone away.. Should I actually take the computers (yes there were 2 used) or just go talk to them first? I hope I can get a response to this soon, provisional orders court date is the 20th.

>>And of course get an attorney. Beg or borrow the money to get one but >>for the sake of your children get one...

This would definately be the route that I would take if I knew of a way.. does not seem possible at this point. I was thinking that if the Provisional hearing does not go in my favor, that this would be the time to start begging...

LdiJ

Four4Daddy said:
I have copies of emails and phone records where she has been in contact with this boy.. I don't know his exact age, but I recall a few emails that he goes to school and that his father had threatened to take his computer and cell phone away.. Should I actually take the computers (yes there were 2 used) or just go talk to them first? I hope I can get a response to this soon, provisional orders court date is the 20th
He could still be over 18...so tread carefully there. The computer and cell phone could still be dad's property which would make dad free to treaten to take them away. Don't start making official accusations that its a minor unless you are sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">