• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redbull

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My neighbor's 10 year old son keeps leaving stuff in our driveway. Sometimes it has been a bike, the other day it was his parent's large shovel and his roller blades. I found them right near our garage. This kid has done this type of thing at least five times. He and his friends down the street also have climbed our tree without asking and even climbed on our mailbox. I've talked to the parents of the kids and they say they will talk to their kids, but then it happens again. I told the parents I was concerned about the kids falling out of our tree and didn't want them to get hurt. My neighbor also uses our driveway at times which is separated by a lot between their driveway and mine and will drive over my front lawn to do this. I have tried reasoning with my neighbors but these problems are not being solved. What legal rights do I have as a homeowner? Are the kids and my neighbor considered trespassers according to the law? What can I do about the stuff in my driveway that I always have to return? I don't want to run over it and hurt my car when I come home late from work.
redbull

HomeGuru

redbull said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

My neighbor's 10 year old son keeps leaving stuff in our driveway. Sometimes it has been a bike, the other day it was his parent's large shovel and his roller blades. I found them right near our garage. This kid has done this type of thing at least five times. He and his friends down the street also have climbed our tree without asking and even climbed on our mailbox. I've talked to the parents of the kids and they say they will talk to their kids, but then it happens again. I told the parents I was concerned about the kids falling out of our tree and didn't want them to get hurt. My neighbor also uses our driveway at times which is separated by a lot between their driveway and mine and will drive over my front lawn to do this. I have tried reasoning with my neighbors but these problems are not being solved. What legal rights do I have as a homeowner? Are the kids and my neighbor considered trespassers according to the law?

**A: yes.

What can I do about the stuff in my driveway that I always have to return?

**A: don't return the stuff until they ask for it.
I don't want to run over it and hurt my car when I come home late from work.
redbull
**A: what is your car made of that it would get hurt?

rmet4nzkx

You can call the police when they are on your property without your permission, document each and everytime they are caught doing this and when you talked to their parents.

Is the tree out in front of your house or in a fenced yard? You might try painting the tree with a sticky substance which will mean that they will have to explain how that happened when they get it all over their clothes and if they are climbing over a fence, put gear oil along the top of it, these are old methods of discouraging such behavior, rocksalt in a shootgun is no longer an option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">