• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundary tree, Jerk neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zaradog

:confused: What is the name of your state? Ohio
I had a survey done 2 years ago. Three big trees run right down the middle of the property line. One was starting to show some dead branches, but nothing that looked like it would compromise the trunk. Well, what was left oh hurricane Ivan blew down half of the tree. The main trunk fell right on top of my new fence, busting up three sections. I cleared the main trunk, the brush on my side of fence, and everything that lay about 2 foot on the other side of fence. (just so there was no question that I did my share.) Well, my neighbor let the stuff sit in his yard long enough to have to mow around it three different times. I started thinking that he thought the whole thing was my problem. So on Oct. 5 I wrote him a letter showing that according to the survey that the trees were boundary trees and therefore we were jointly responsible. I even made copy of survey and printed off some internet articles to back me up. I even in an attempt to be nice, offered the use of my chainsaw, and the trailer that I was going to rent (for some junk i was hauling to the dump). Well before he got the letter, the same day I put it in the mail, he hauled away the brush on his side of the fence..... Or so I thought. I go to the back of my yard a couple days later and see that he actually threw about half of the brush back into my yard! Understand, usually I am the one that is screwing up. He is constantly calling the cops, or animal controll on me. Sometimes with merit, but usually for no reason other than he is an arrogant control freak. I had to go to court because I had my CATAHOULA HOUND tied to the back stoop. He said it was a PITBULL, I had to go to court and everything. The Judge threw it out, but still, I was a nervous wreck and it ate up my whole morning. This guy is a retired officer who never lost the chip on his shoulder that carrying a badge gave him. I live under a microscope. I have waited to give him time to get my letter (6 days now), thinking that maybe he just thought it was my job to get rid of the brush. But he should know by now that it was HIS job. (Can I sic my dogs on him yet?.... just joking) How do I get him to admit his error and clean up the rest of the brush, or what can I do to give him a taste of his own medacine?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

zaradog said:
:confused: What is the name of your state? Ohio
I had a survey done 2 years ago. Three big trees run right down the middle of the property line. One was starting to show some dead branches, but nothing that looked like it would compromise the trunk. Well, what was left oh hurricane Ivan blew down half of the tree. The main trunk fell right on top of my new fence, busting up three sections. I cleared the main trunk, the brush on my side of fence, and everything that lay about 2 foot on the other side of fence. (just so there was no question that I did my share.) Well, my neighbor let the stuff sit in his yard long enough to have to mow around it three different times. I started thinking that he thought the whole thing was my problem. So on Oct. 5 I wrote him a letter showing that according to the survey that the trees were boundary trees and therefore we were jointly responsible. I even made copy of survey and printed off some internet articles to back me up. I even in an attempt to be nice, offered the use of my chainsaw, and the trailer that I was going to rent (for some junk i was hauling to the dump). Well before he got the letter, the same day I put it in the mail, he hauled away the brush on his side of the fence..... Or so I thought. I go to the back of my yard a couple days later and see that he actually threw about half of the brush back into my yard! Understand, usually I am the one that is screwing up. He is constantly calling the cops, or animal controll on me. Sometimes with merit, but usually for no reason other than he is an arrogant control freak. I had to go to court because I had my CATAHOULA HOUND tied to the back stoop. He said it was a PITBULL, I had to go to court and everything. The Judge threw it out, but still, I was a nervous wreck and it ate up my whole morning. This guy is a retired officer who never lost the chip on his shoulder that carrying a badge gave him. I live under a microscope. I have waited to give him time to get my letter (6 days now), thinking that maybe he just thought it was my job to get rid of the brush. But he should know by now that it was HIS job. (Can I sic my dogs on him yet?.... just joking) How do I get him to admit his error and clean up the rest of the brush, or what can I do to give him a taste of his own medacine?
**A: you can hire an attorney and take him to court.

Z

zaradog

Yeah, I just hate how petty that sounds. I wonder what would happen if I filed a police report? Or if they would even take one? I was hoping you would say to throw the stuff in front of his garage door or better yet, put it on his front porch.... ha ha. :D
I know where I'd like to put it..... "hey Al, bend over" :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">