• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

noise issuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SFHelp

What is the name of your state? CA

I need help with a noise issue. I am a condo owner and have renters living above me. For the past 8 months there has been running, pounding, slaming of cabents and yelling distrubing me - starting at 6am - 10pm most days.

I have tried talking with tenant, owner and rental agent about the issue to get resolved. I got no where. I have now been working with the condo board, who is now fining the owner until this gets resolved.

I documented the noise, called the police, and have all correspondence for trying to get this resolved. I am now thinking about buying or renting a video camera for more documentation.

My question is do I have a case (in civil or small claims) agisnt the owner, agent and tenent for not taking care of this, as is lowering my quality of life (not to metion I will never be able to sell this place with them living upstairs).

Also, I have had my car vandalized (though I don't have on tape) and notes from the tenants left on it in the shared garage. Is there any way I can get them to leave my property alone. Need help!

HomeGuru

SFHelp said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I need help with a noise issue. I am a condo owner and have renters living above me. For the past 8 months there has been running, pounding, slaming of cabents and yelling distrubing me - starting at 6am - 10pm most days.

I have tried talking with tenant, owner and rental agent about the issue to get resolved. I got no where. I have now been working with the condo board, who is now fining the owner until this gets resolved.

I documented the noise, called the police, and have all correspondence for trying to get this resolved. I am now thinking about buying or renting a video camera for more documentation.

My question is do I have a case (in civil or small claims) agisnt the owner, agent and tenent for not taking care of this, as is lowering my quality of life (not to metion I will never be able to sell this place with them living upstairs).

Also, I have had my car vandalized (though I don't have on tape) and notes from the tenants left on it in the shared garage. Is there any way I can get them to leave my property alone. Need help!
**A: you could sue the condo owner.

You Are Guilty

As HG said, sue the owner and you could also (theoretically) have a claim against the board, assuming some sort of "no unreasonable noises between XX am and YY pm" regs exist. However, if the board is fining the owner, that may be enough to exclupate them.

In these types of situations, while I cannot recommend it, the assistance of the Legal Guru Mr. Louisville Slugger often makes people see the errors of their ways. (In fact, I've been giving some serious thought to introducing the elderly female renter above my co-op to him.) :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">