• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maira621

What is the name of your state? nc
Just a question, is the only way they chose who does jury duty is by who registers to vote?

JETX

maira621 said:
What is the name of your state? nc
Just a question, is the only way they chose who does jury duty is by who registers to vote?
Nope. Some states also use drivers license records.

Dee30

In my state of WV, they choose potential jurors from driver's licenses, property taxes, or voter registration. I've had a license and property tax for many years and have never been summoned, but when I registered to vote--2 weeks later I was summoned for jury duty.

My sister, who has never registered to vote, was summoned a week before me. We think the reason she was called was because she had just started a new business, and they went by that.

However, the judge that I'm assigned to said that the 2 most important things you can do, (in his opinion) as a citizen of this country, is VOTE and serve on a JURY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">