• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retaliation discrimination at ex-job suit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

urbanlioness

What is the name of your state?Ohio.
Plee-ase hee-lp! Cant i sue? I'v recently ben terminated from my job for "general lack of cooperation".This is just what they're calling it because they have no legitimat one. I recently filed a Grievance with my Corporate office, I'm a nurse in a small clinic. I was hired to work specific hours which were changed two months into hiring,and whenever i make a formal request to alter this i am denied by my managment. I belive its racial discrmination due to many facts such as the only other nurse in the office is Always given her schedual request, allowed to leave 2hrs early 2-3times a week and never disciplined for not assisting with the workload(she's white, i'm African-american).Also shes an RN i'm a LPN. I was fired the very next day after i filed my grievance with the Corporate office about what i believe are unfair and racial practices. Coincidence?
This all began with me complaining to mangement about this Nurse i work with refusing to care for clients,take vitals, do Physicals etc as defined in my employment interview. She went through the same 8 weeks of training i did and has the same inter-company title, but every time i go to them to tell them she's not helping me they said the'd talk to her but never did.(She is on some Meds that make her zone-out due to a condition). This Nurse quit in June to take another job leaving me with more than 2weeks of working OT to cover the shifts, which i did whith no complaints. I only asked Management for one thing, Finally to get the Mondays ofF i needed, Not to have to work Every Saturday, and to not have to "close" each night till 6:30pm, whenever a new nurse was hired. I was told we would "Work something out" per my Branch Manager .
This never happened cause that previous Nurse came in asking could she come back to work. They let her even though she constantly leaves work early, accually lets clients wait in the Lobby till i get to work 2hrs after her, while she just sits ther in the office looking at the wall, while patients are complaining. The clients even tell managment she does this but they do nothing about it. So the very day when they let her back I went to them to talk about my schdual request.( I have a 7yr old who must be picked up from school by 3:30pm daily,her grandma usually does it but she's moved since last month.While the RN has 0 children). I was told that i had to now move my hours back to the other Nurses old schedual!!? When i said "Everybody else thats left then come back has had to take whats left on the schedual, thats unacceptable." I was told quote" We dont see any reason why you shouldnt have to do it" Isnt this against the law for somone whos been gone for 2weeks? I did it but began to look for another job. This Nurse even just got promoted to an Assistan Manager Last week,and since then even more of the work falls on me even though the company policy says two nurses are needed in this building. They havent oficially 'said' it but she now only does patient care 2-3hrs of the shift, then the managers inform me she'll be inside the other office doing paperwork etc. When i contacted the Cival Right cuncil here they suggested I file a grievance, to help my chances of filing a case against them. So I did that on Tuesday and was terminated the next day Weds, after my Managers told me i couldn't take my break and asked me to get up from the break-room to see about a client. I informed them all( three of them each told me this within 1 minute of the other one) that" i deserve a break especially when i'm not getting paid for it" they took their opportunity to fire me. I had only sat down 5 minutes, and normally the second nurse should take the clients when the other on is at a break, but i guess they don't expect this from that other Nurs now. I mean the second manger to confront me stood over me with the door to the break room open (He's 6 foot,& thick),menacing-like to make me get up:Then the last on raised his voice at me(with one witness) "When you do finish with that,you come see me in my office!" Then he accually slaa-mmed the door so the whole wall shook and employees heard. None of this is right and i truly believe I was wrongfully terminated, racially descriminate, my cival right violated due to speaking up about this. i have an apmt w/ the CRC on the 27th.Does anyone think i hav a case??I had vaction coming up next wk & am now Broke!!!??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">