• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment in NV?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nvdivorce

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada.
Both Residents of Nevada for ~18 months. Married in California in April 2002.

I am the Husband. Married in 2002. From day one intimate marital relations has been a problem. We have not been able to have intimate relations. From what I've been able to gather, a reason could be childhood abuse which she claims no recollection of. She also is a vegetarian, obsessive about cleaning and order and into ballet, which I now have learned can be signs of having an eating / obsessive disorder which can also negatively impact a person's ability to have normal sexual relations.

We did not have marital relations prior to marriage, so this only manifested itself afterwards. For the past 2 1/2 years we have definately not had anything close to intimate relations. We've both made mistakes in this process, but I am looking to the future and know that if we were to get an annulment, that would somewhat improve our standing with potential future mates. However, she is dead set against it because that would mean divulging this aspect of our marriage.

We've tried marital/sexual therapy with the end result being that me not making the bed every morning leads to all of our problems i.e. avoidance of treating the root cause of the problem and attempting to draw in my flaws as a human being as to the reason why we cannot have normal sexual relations. She is very much opposed to going to any type of therapy/treatment/co-counseling or individual counseling for the eating disorder and during the marital/therapy sessions, would only give lip service to the suggestions offered by the counselor to help improve our relations. I married her for a reason and would be an idiot to end this marriage if I thought that she was at least committed to working on this together and if I could at least say that we have made some type of progress in the bedroom in the 2 1/2 years we have been married.

But at this point, I believe that I need to get out of this relationship. Any grounds for Annulment here?

She has made statements and claims to friends and relatives about me which I realize I will never have any control over, however, by getting an annulment, at least we can both go away from this as if it never happened. We have gotten into many arguments, but I have not ever struck or beaten my wife.

Any recommendations on the steps I can take to make this happen? How much of the above would have to be shared to use in an annulment? If necessary, are any of the counseling sessions admissable to justify an annulment?

Please advise.

Thank you.

djohnson

File for divorce. Even if she protests it, it will only slow it down. I don't think your going to get an annullment at all. In this day and age your prospective mates aren't going to care you are divorced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">