• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncontested divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
My wife and I agreed to the uncontested divorce. My wife was one whom wants a divorce, not me. However, I do not want to fight with my wife because my wife said that if I agree to the divorce, I do not have to pay a child support.

The question is that if I agree to the uncontested divorce, can she agree to no child support? (that what she told me if I agree to the divorce).

What do u think?

Thanks, Tom

PS - I appreciated the answer before I agree to the uncontested divorce. If I find out that I have to pay a child support regarding if she said no, then I want to fight the divorce.

LdiJ

TomHartmann said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee
My wife and I agreed to the uncontested divorce. My wife was one whom wants a divorce, not me. However, I do not want to fight with my wife because my wife said that if I agree to the divorce, I do not have to pay a child support.

The question is that if I agree to the uncontested divorce, can she agree to no child support? (that what she told me if I agree to the divorce).

What do u think?

Thanks, Tom

PS - I appreciated the answer before I agree to the uncontested divorce. If I find out that I have to pay a child support regarding if she said no, then I want to fight the divorce.
You and your wife can agree to anything that you like. However, its possible that a judge would refuse to sign off on a divorce agreement that makes no provision for child support. I am not guaranteeing that a judge would refuse to sign off...just that its possible and maybe even probable.

However, contesting the divorce is also not realistic either. If she wants a divorce she is going to get one. You can't stop that from happening. You can maybe delay it, but it WILL happen. Get yourself a consult with a local attorney so that you can get the full details of what is and isn't possible or realistic in your local area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">