• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car got broken into and i get arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_digital1

What is the name of your state?I am from texas and while at work my vehicle got broken into.

They were seen and were arrested a little while later on the opposite side of the mall that I work at. After work I goto my car to see it surrounded by cops and security. They get me to identify my items and then ask if I want to press charges... hell yes I do. Well they had one more thing to ask... "Can you explain the marijuana found in your vehicle?" WHAT?! I stated I had no idea what they were talking about and I got arrested for posession and paraphanalia.

My guess is that they got spooked and left it in the vehicle since they knew someone had seen them most likely... I don't know yet, the trial hasnt happend for the autotheft.

I have a court date this monday infront of the DA where I will explain and deny posession and ownership of the illegal substance and item. I have also another court date the 26th. I spent 4 hours in jail and was out after forking over 600 dollars. Whats up with the two court dates? County and City? Whats the difference? Do I have to get the case thrown out twice?

What is the likelyhood that this will be thrown out? This is my first offence ever, and I have only gotten one speeding ticket in my life.

If I get convicted, what will I most likely looking at? I guess a class c misdemeanor, up to 500 $ fine, maybe some community service or probation. I'm hoping I don't get probation....

CdwJava

Nobody hear can guess whether this will get tossed out or not. But, to argue that the auto thieves were holding marijuana in their hands and dumped it in the car is not too likely to work.

Is it feasible? Yeah. Is it probable? No.

I would recommend getting an attorney.

- Carl

JETX

the_digital1 said:
Whats up with the two court dates? County and City?
No. There is no city criminal court system, at least not in Texas.

Whats the difference?
Of course no one can answer your question without reviewing the actual case work.

What is the likelyhood that this will be thrown out?
Somewhere between slim and none. As cdw correctly noted, the story of the crooks, somehow dropping marijuana is unlikely to sway the court.

If I get convicted, what will I most likely looking at? I guess a class c misdemeanor, up to 500 $ fine, maybe some community service or probation. I'm hoping I don't get probation....
I have to say... your asking about convictions and sentencing certainly doesn't sound like someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the drugs.

T

the_digital1

Quote:
I have to say... your asking about convictions and sentencing certainly doesn't sound like someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the drugs.

I'm asking because I am concerned. If I showed no interest in what would happen to me, I wouldn't be human.

Quote:
Where, in your car, was the marajuana located?

The police stated it was left in the center concole with the concole open. My car was a mess after the broke into, paper and trash thrown everywhere...

O

OhBullship

How much was in there, and what was the value of the items taken?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

the_digital1 said:
Quote:

Quote:
Where, in your car, was the marajuana located?

The police stated it was left in the center concole with the concole open. My car was a mess after the broke into, paper and trash thrown everywhere...

My response:

Yes, the judge will believe you, just like I believe you. Criminals always have a nasty habit of leaving their drugs behind when they break into cars - - especially in center consoles.

Gee, I wonder if there's any little bits of marijuana at the bottom of the console . . .

IAAL

T

the_digital1

IAAL, sarcasm is your enemy. Remember that. To add on, there was no marijuana, even traces, in my vehicle. Thank you.

The bag was relatively small, I only saw it when it was placed in front of me when I was getting handcuffed, I'd say a few grams, not much.

The items stolen valued about 400-500 dollars.

The kids arrested were spotted while in my vehicle. My attorney has even told me it is likely it was left.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

the_digital1 said:
IAAL, sarcasm is your enemy. Remember that.

MY RESPONSE: Really? Is that a new maxim? I always thought sarcasm was my good friend. Looks like I'll need to reevaluate my friends and enemies.

The bag was relatively small, I only saw it when it was placed infront of me when I was getting handcuffed, I'd say a few grams, not much.

MY RESPONSE: I'm sorry, but your wording and phrasing just smacks of your knowledge that you're the owner of the dope, dope.

The items stolen valued about 400-500 dollars.

MY RESPONSE: Irrelevant.

The kids arrested were spotted while in my vehicle. My attourney has even told me it is likely it was left.

MY RESPONSE:

If you were paying me, I'd tell you the same thing. No big surprise there.

IAAL

P.S. Learn to spell . . . or is that the drugs talking?

T

the_digital1

P.S. Get a life if all you can do is sit on a forum giving sarcastic remarks to people seeking help. If you enjoy that, you live a sad and miserable life. You should be shot point blank in the back of the head.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

the_digital1 said:
P.S. Get a life if all you can do is sit on a forum giving sarcastic remarks to people seeking help. If you enjoy that, you life a sad and miserable life. You should be shot point blank in the back of the head.

My response:

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!

Oh, yeah. You're going down, doper!

You weren't "asking for help". You're "trying out" a potential "defense" to your crime. It won't work here, and it certainly won't help in court. Your credibility sucks.

Say hello to Big Bubba for me. By the way, do you think you'll look good in a bright orange jump suit?

IAAL

T

the_digital1

It is a misdemeanor and I will not serve jail time, idiot.

This is a free ADVICE forum. Not a "Get flamed by homosexuals" forum.

O

OhBullship

the_digital1 said:
IAAL, sarcasm is your enemy. Remember that. To add on, there was no othe marijuana, even traces, in my vehicle. Thank you.
I haven't been a member here long, but I always get a chuckle from his posts.

[/QUOTE]The bag was relatively small, I only saw it when it was placed infront of me when I was getting handcuffed, I'd say a few grams, not much.[/QUOTE]

It is a bit much to believe that kids who are willing to go to jail over the trinkets found in your car would also be willing to leave you a pressie like that. What about the paraphernalia? Did they leave that too?

[/QUOTE]The kids arrested were spotted while in my vehicle. My attourney has even told me it is likely it was left.[/QUOTE]

And when they were spotted, they took the time to take their dope and paraphernalia out of hiding and still took off with your stuff? It just isn't likely.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

the_digital1 said:
It is a misdemeanor and I will not serve jail time, idiot.

This is a free ADVICE forum. Not a "Get flamed by homosexuals" forum.

My response:

Really? Then you bailed out from where . . . ?

Bubba is going to love you, long time!

IAAL

T

the_digital1

Let me rephrase it, it is a class c misdemeanor, up to a 500 $ fine, no PRISON time.

Retard.

P.S. I should have known you were a flamer, just look at your post count. That is pathetic bro. Get out, enjoy life, stop praying on people over the internet for your enjoyment. They arrest pedophiles like you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">