• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help me get a divorce!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shannonm

What is the name of your state? ca

I am trying to get a divorce from my wife, we have not been together for 2 years. We have filed for divorce but now she is saying she wont go further by signing some papers or something

How or what can I do to get this divorce even though she is fighting it. By the way, she is fighting it just to be mean, there are no other reasons.... We have no assests together. Anyone that can help me get through this, I just want to be done with it....thank you

VeronicaGia

shannonm said:
What is the name of your state? ca

I am trying to get a divorce from my wife, we have not been together for 2 years. We have filed for divorce but now she is saying she wont go further by signing some papers or something

How or what can I do to get this divorce even though she is fighting it. By the way, she is fighting it just to be mean, there are no other reasons.... We have no assests together. Anyone that can help me get through this, I just want to be done with it....thank you
What does your attorney say? She has to be served, a court date will be set, she must attend or you will win by default.

Hire an attorney if you don't have one. You cannot do this alone.

S

shannonm

I dont have an attorney.....we went to one of those "fly by night" divorce places but nows she says she wont sign the papers....can't i do this without her fighting me tooth and nail???? thanks

LdiJ

shannonm said:
I dont have an attorney.....we went to one of those "fly by night" divorce places but nows she says she wont sign the papers....can't i do this without her fighting me tooth and nail???? thanks
You said that there was no property involved...are there children involved?

If not, then you can simply file for divorce on your own. You can get the forms to do so from your local courthouse. Her signature is NOT required. It will take a little longer without her signature, but it can be done. You may even be able to take the papers from the "fly by night" place and file them yourself.

Have you ASKED her why she won't sign the papers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">