• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is an easement worth?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ruddyr

state? California
I would like to approach the land owner above us to create a road easement to our property. It would be about 12' wide and 100' long. I have seen his preliminary sub-division plans and it looks like low impact as it close to a proposed property line and next to that is a steep dropoff.
I'm assuming he will want some money if he is willing at all. How do I determine a fair price?
Thanks

HomeGuru

ruddyr said:
state? California
I would like to approach the land owner above us to create a road easement to our property. It would be about 12' wide and 100' long. I have seen his preliminary sub-division plans and it looks like low impact as it close to a proposed property line and next to that is a steep dropoff.
I'm assuming he will want some money if he is willing at all. How do I determine a fair price?
Thanks
**A: talk to a real estate appraiser.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">