• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence Ownership...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Blueferret

What is the name of your state?TX

Who owns a fence separating two houses? Is it the side which the boards are facing out or the sides where you can see the posts? I have a neighbor who is claiming there are termites in the fence and she says the fence is my responsibility, but the flat side of the fence faces her property.

gryndor

Blueferret said:
What is the name of your state?TX

Who owns a fence separating two houses? Is it the side which the boards are facing out or the sides where you can see the posts? I have a neighbor who is claiming there are termites in the fence and she says the fence is my responsibility, but the flat side of the fence faces her property.
On whose property does the fence sit, according to your property survey?

B

Blueferret

I don't know and that was part of my problem. I didn't know if it was decided by where the fence lied or which way it was facing, or both. I guess I need to have a survey done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">