• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childeren abandoned in KS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hopkinsdesi

Im still married to the father of my childeren, though he moved out of state and we've not had any help from him or contact since Nov of 2002. The last time we spoke he told me he wanted nothing to do with our two kids, and he would go to jail before he'd pay child support. I was happy he left because he was abusive father and husband who'd been in and out of our lives since June of 2001. After he took off jumping from state to state so I couldn't get child support I meet a man who has been in our lives since my son was two and my daughter one year old. They have called my boyfriend daddy he's the only father they know.The probem is after nothing for over two years, he emailed me saying tell my kids there real daddy is moving back and wants to see them. They don't know who he is and I honestly believe its for the best. At three and four years old, I don't know how to explain to them, and I don't think I should have too just too have him leave again when he gets bored with them. What should I do to keep him from hurting my kids again?

Last edited:

LdiJ

hopkinsdesi said:
Im still married to the father of my childeren, though he moved out of state and we've not had any help from him or contact since Nov of 2002. The last time we spoke he told me he wanted nothing to do with our two kids, and he would go to jail before he'd pay child support. I was happy he left because he was abusive father and husband who'd been in and out of our lives since June of 2001. After he took off jumping from state to state so I couldn't get child support I meet a man who has been in our lives since my son was two and my daughter one year old. They have called my boyfriend daddy he's the only father they know.The probem is after nothing for over two years, he emailed me saying tell my kids there real daddy is moving back and wants to see them. They don't know who he is and I honestly believe its for the best. At three and four years old, I don't know how to explain to them, and I don't think I should have too just too have him leave again when he gets bored with them. What should I do to keep him from hurting my kids again?
If you are planning to marry your boyfriend, then get a consult with an attorney to see what your chances would be of terminating his rights for abandonment so that your future husband could adopt the children. However do that quickly...because once he comes back to the area that might take away any chances of that being possible.

Other than that...then you might simply nail him for child support as soon as you know where he is...and that might make him run again. If it doesn't make him run, then maybe he has grown up and is ready to be a father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">