• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help, can i apply for divorce in IN?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hand

What is the name of your state? IN

I am a F1 student, I have been studying in IN since last Aug. I am married to a U.S citizen in MAY, 2004. I went back to IN 3 days later, so we never live together.

Now I found out my marriage is a mistake. I want to apply for divorce.
My question is :
1. can I apply for divorce in IN? Or I have to apply for divorce in NY?

2. How long will the divorce take? Can I divorce now or I have to wait for 1 year seperation?( we don't have any money, assests issues. )

3. Or can I apply for annulment?

Please help me. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks.

LdiJ

hand said:
What is the name of your state? IN

I am a F1 student, I have been studying in IN since last Aug. I am married to a U.S citizen in MAY, 2004. I went back to IN 3 days later, so we never live together.

Now I found out my marriage is a mistake. I want to apply for divorce.
My question is :
1. can I apply for divorce in IN? Or I have to apply for divorce in NY?

2. How long will the divorce take? Can I divorce now or I have to wait for 1 year seperation?( we don't have any money, assests issues. )

3. Or can I apply for annulment?

Please help me. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Unless I misunderstood you, you are a resident of IN and you can petition for divorce in IN. It will take approximately 6 months total to complete the divorce.

H

hand

how long does the seperation require in IN?

Thanks a lot for your reply. It helps me a lot.

I have another question, how long does the seperation require in IN?

I appreicate your help.

LdiJ

hand said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. It helps me a lot.

I have another question, how long does the seperation require in IN?

I appreicate your help.
IN does not require any period of separation. You can file for the divorce immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">