• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

an amicable agreement??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rghjudi

What is the name of your state?
New York
I hired an attorney to "petition for accounting" the trustee ( my sister) of mothers estate, that she had not disclosed all of the assets.
I could not appear in because I live 3000 miles away, but my attorney, the trustee and her attorney went to court. Another date was set for when they bring the accounting into court and the judge reveiws it, the attorneys agreed on an ajournment telling the court they were in discovery and possible resolve the matter. They never went to court, my attorney received a lot of "smoke", 2 boxes of documentation going back to 1973 that were not even revelent in this matter. He accepted this paperwork but I felt it is not the answers to what was requested, he did not go before the court to have the judge reveiw them. I feel he jumped the fence. The trust was terminated after 3 yrs., and he quit me the same month telling me my case was frivelous. There is still money in the trust bank account that is mine, I don't know what to expect what the process is to end a trust and I feel that I was left high and dry. Shouldn't he have at least stuck it out until everything was finalized? Should he have settled in an amicable way without my consent?
Am open to all suggestion..on what to do at this point. Thank you
rghjudi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">