• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Framed for "mail fraud" or similar :(((

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksenia9679

What is the name of your state?:eek: CA

Ok,.here is what i gotten myself into. a guy approached me 2 month ago, propositioning to pay me 15% for transfering him the money for online auction. seemed legit as he said that since he is overseas the checks from US take forever to get to him therefore he is loosing clients.

i started suspecting something fishy about 1 month ago and stopped immediately. i got all records to prove i had no clue what was going on and only made like $1000 if not less on the whole thing.

the problem is=now i got people coming after me. one lady filed a criminal complaint with the USPS and the other one is thinking of filing criminal charges. im freaking out. i never had problems with the law. never even been arrested. there is no way i can pay all the money back...i will be more then happy to repay the 15%.
can they put me in jail???

the guy that framed me has, of course, dissapeared. he got his money and split. and im stuck with 9 pretty pissed off people and dont know what to do.

any suggestions???
oh..one more thing. no need to reply with comments as " stupid, you should have known". if u were approached- u;d probably do it too. geez...who wouldnt want to make extra $300 a month....:((((((

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ksenia9679 said:
no need to reply with comments as " stupid, you should have known". if u were approached- u;d probably do it too. geez...who wouldnt want to make extra $300 a month....:((((((

My response:

You're right. I won't reply like that because there is no need to. However, here's a link concerning your problem, and how other people have dealt with it. Some have been very successful, and I hope you are also.

www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/open.html

I wish you good fortune.

IAAL

CdwJava

If YOU transfered him money, why are all these other people mad at you?

And this sort of scam has been going on for years! It just usually begins as a result of an e-mail solicitation, a Canadian address, and a bank account number or request.

Why are people mad at you if you gave away the money? You gave away someone else's money?

- Carl

K

ksenia9679

well..they sent me the money for the product, i cashed the money, kept 15% , sent the rest over.

:((((

CdwJava

So ... if you pay the 15% your even?

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened here?

Who bought something? Who transferred money to who for the sale? What was the cost of the item? What were the terms of sale? Who actually shipped the item and who received it?

Too may questions ...

EDIT: Or, by "they" did you mean this mystery guy? He sent you the total value for the item(s) purchased online, you took a 15% "commission" from the money, and then you transfered the 85% to the people who were selling the product?

If so, I would think that if you sent the full amount over to the sellers you'd be okay.

- Carl

O

OhBullship

CdwJava, I'm guessing that there was no product and the poster was the only contact these people had.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">