• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ranchgirl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ca.

probation caught me with booze in my home and drug tested me right then and there.it came back saying i had meth in my system along with pot. no booze. now thats the only thing i use to do is drink. i don't do pot or meth so how can they say i am dirty for pot and meth. but it was booze in my system. probation could smell it on me. not to mention the bottle in the middle of the bedroom. but booze did not show up on the test and i was not charged with it. they charged me with meth and left the pot out also. can i fight this? and does the probation officer have to have a special permit or something to administer the test and does it have to go to a lab? :confused:

HomeGuru

ranchgirl said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ca.

probation caught me with booze in my home and drug tested me right then and there.it came back saying i had meth in my system along with pot. no booze. now thats the only thing i use to do is drink. i don't do pot or meth so how can they say i am dirty for pot and meth. but it was booze in my system. probation could smell it on me. not to mention the bottle in the middle of the bedroom. but booze did not show up on the test and i was not charged with it. they charged me with meth and left the pot out also. can i fight this? and does the probation officer have to have a special permit or something to administer the test and does it have to go to a lab? :confused:
**A: nominated for post of the month.

CdwJava

You can, of course, challenge the test in court if you want to. But usually whatthe probation officers use is a "presumptive" test. That is, it's a portable test that consists of some chemicals and reagents that they mix with a urine sample to determine if drugs or by-products are present. They are not always that accurate and can be challenged.

However, since they are probably not charging you with the crime of being under the influence, I doubt there is much you can do. They have enough cause to violate your probation for the alcohol so they really don't NEED to charge for the drugs - and they probably don't. And since you have already been sentenced, I do not think you are eligible for a public defender so any challenge to the test would have to be at your own expense.

My suggestion? Lay off the booze and stay out of trouble.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">