• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ownership and Use of Common drive-way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deb50

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My problem is with my neighbors and the use of the common drive-way that we own the land of. According to our deed, it specifies that the owner ot the land next to us has the right to cross over to get to their land. The properties are very close together with the drive-way going between our house and theirs. These people come from NY and come in Friday night til Sunday night. They come in vans and on any one weekend there can be 14 adults and kids, sometimes more staying in this house. When they park, it is on our property. We've told them over and over again that they must park on their property according to the deed. This has been going on for 3 years. They park us in and we have to ask them to move their cars just so we can get out and then on our return, not being able to get in. We've asked the police about it, but all we got as an answer is that we cannot block the drive-way to stop them from entering their property. We live here in a private community full time. My husband plows the snow in the winter. They aren't here to help as it states in the deed for upkeep and expenses of said drive-way. Then on the weekends they park where we plowed, blocking us. We are tired of the hassle and feel we have no rights. We pay the taxes on the property the park on. They do not understand and say what's the problem, they have the right because they share drive-way. The reason my husband and I cannot get them to understand is that they are Bosnian and we have been accused of being pregidous, which is not true. These people have relatives that live just behind us full time. This brought more families to buy properties in our community. The community has alot of by-laws which no one follows and these families are most of the problem. They do what they want and don't pay their dues or other assessments that cost all of us to pay for it with increased dues. What are our rights as the property owners about our drive-way. We don't know if we have the right to stop the parking in the drive-way. Can anyone help? Don't have the finances to fight this due to an ongoing medical problem. Any input helpful.

Deb50 :confused:

HomeGuru

Deb50 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My problem is with my neighbors and the use of the common drive-way that we own the land of. According to our deed, it specifies that the owner ot the land next to us has the right to cross over to get to their land. The properties are very close together with the drive-way going between our house and theirs. These people come from NY and come in Friday night til Sunday night. They come in vans and on any one weekend there can be 14 adults and kids, sometimes more staying in this house. When they park, it is on our property. We've told them over and over again that they must park on their property according to the deed. This has been going on for 3 years. They park us in and we have to ask them to move their cars just so we can get out and then on our return, not being able to get in. We've asked the police about it, but all we got as an answer is that we cannot block the drive-way to stop them from entering their property. We live here in a private community full time. My husband plows the snow in the winter. They aren't here to help as it states in the deed for upkeep and expenses of said drive-way. Then on the weekends they park where we plowed, blocking us. We are tired of the hassle and feel we have no rights. We pay the taxes on the property the park on. They do not understand and say what's the problem, they have the right because they share drive-way. The reason my husband and I cannot get them to understand is that they are Bosnian and we have been accused of being pregidous, which is not true. These people have relatives that live just behind us full time. This brought more families to buy properties in our community. The community has alot of by-laws which no one follows and these families are most of the problem. They do what they want and don't pay their dues or other assessments that cost all of us to pay for it with increased dues. What are our rights as the property owners about our drive-way. We don't know if we have the right to stop the parking in the drive-way. Can anyone help? Don't have the finances to fight this due to an ongoing medical problem. Any input helpful.

Deb50 :confused:
**A: send a certified rrr letter to them in English and Bosnian written language (whatever that is).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">