• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Monthly Board of Directors meetings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peelmanu

What is the name of your state? New York State & New York City

The Board of Directors of my cooperative have stated their meetings are closed.- i.e., co-owners are not allowed to attend. Minutes are not fully circulated due to "sensitive issues being discussed that could negatively impact the financial stability of the cooperative". I would like the opportunity to go to Board meetings.

How can I find out what laws govern the proper procedures for the Board of Directors to meet ( announcement and openess)? In previous posts I see references to CC&R's. Is that the proprietary lease or by-laws?

HomeGuru

peelmanu said:
What is the name of your state? New York State & New York City

The Board of Directors of my cooperative have stated their meetings are closed.- i.e., co-owners are not allowed to attend. Minutes are not fully circulated due to "sensitive issues being discussed that could negatively impact the financial stability of the cooperative". I would like the opportunity to go to Board meetings.

How can I find out what laws govern the proper procedures for the Board of Directors to meet ( announcement and openess)? In previous posts I see references to CC&R's. Is that the proprietary lease or by-laws?

**A: do a search and read all the cooperative rules and regs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">