• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Car Parking Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Toparopa21

What is the name of your state?
I am writting from Allentown Pa. I recently rented a car for a friend who was visiting from out town. He signed the contract as a second driver. Then without my knowledge the car rental company gave him another car in my name. It was added to an already expired contract. This person then preceded to get many parking tickets with this car and then disappear to leave me with the debt. I am a single mother of a little boy and I cannot afford the tickets. I dont feel I am responsible for them in the first place, but I am not sure where to begin with this major delemma. I have talked with the car company and they said that I am responsible for the debt to them as well. The orginal car that I rented was paid up to date and returned. I pay my parking tickets and I have no criminal backround what so ever. The rental place told the Parking Authority that this is my debt. I decided to fight the tickets but if I lose the tickets double in price plus court costs
Thank you
Frustrated in Allentown

HomeGuru

Toparopa21 said:
What is the name of your state?
I am writting from Allentown Pa. I recently rented a car for a friend who was visiting from out town. He signed the contract as a second driver. Then without my knowledge the car rental company gave him another car in my name. It was added to an already expired contract. This person then preceded to get many parking tickets with this car and then disappear to leave me with the debt. I am a single mother of a little boy and I cannot afford the tickets. I dont feel I am responsible for them in the first place, but I am not sure where to begin with this major delemma. I have talked with the car company and they said that I am responsible for the debt to them as well. The orginal car that I rented was paid up to date and returned. I pay my parking tickets and I have no criminal backround what so ever. The rental place told the Parking Authority that this is my debt. I decided to fight the tickets but if I lose the tickets double in price plus court costs
Thank you
Frustrated in Allentown
**A: there is more to this story.

signed,
Billy Joel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">