• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about mail fraud.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Unc

What is the name of your state? FL

I have a few questions and have tried for a long time with google with no luck so im hoping somebody can help me!

If mail was sent to my address but didnt have my name on the letter nor did I know who it was meant for is it illegal to
A)Take the mail from the box into my house?
B)Open the mail for information as to where to send it back to?
C)If It IS legal to take onto my property is there a time period that affects anything such as when it has to be sent back to someone etc?

Thanks alot for your time :)

P.s I deleted the original thread because of someone deciding to act childish, I've since added them to my ignore list and respectfully ask them to not waste my time by posting more childish rubbish and trying to start a flamewar.

BelizeBreeze

Unc said:
What is the name of your state? FL

I have a few questions and have tried for a long time with google with no luck so im hoping somebody can help me!

If mail was sent to my address but didnt have my name on the letter nor did I know who it was meant for is it illegal to
A)Take the mail from the box into my house?
B)Open the mail for information as to where to send it back to?
C)If It IS legal to take onto my property is there a time period that affects anything such as when it has to be sent back to someone etc?

Thanks alot for your time :)

P.s I deleted the original thread because of someone deciding to act childish, I've since added them to my ignore list and respectfully ask them to not waste my time by posting more childish rubbish and trying to start a flamewar.
Now delete this one because you won't get a response from anyone. You're still a liar.

U

Unc

I dont quite see how im a liar asking a theoretical question thats connected to my friend?

Can you possibly explain this to me?

U

Unc

Exactly, after seeing you replied I couldnt resist removing you, and I see you couldnt answer the question.

Im currently on an IRC channel discussing this over with some people who dont act like children.

"Punc" *sigh* Children should really be banned from using the internet...

Meanwhile if anyone else would like to answer my questions then feel free, of course for archive purposes I'll post what response I get from IRC (See, this is how you help people, unlike calling people names like a spoilt child).

HomeGuru

Unc said:
Exactly, after seeing you replied I couldnt resist removing you, and I see you couldnt answer the question.

Im currently on an IRC channel discussing this over with some people who dont act like children.

"Punc" *sigh* Children should really be banned from using the internet...

Meanwhile if anyone else would like to answer my questions then feel free, of course for archive purposes I'll post what response I get from IRC (See, this is how you help people, unlike calling people names like a spoilt child).

**A: we could care less what you find out from IRC. Did you even graduate from high school? What's a spoilt child?

U

Unc

HomeGuru said:
**A: we could care less what you find out from IRC.

Actually its too help other people who might have the same question in the future.

And as for your other question try using www.google.com , you'd be amazed what you can find out there.

Anyways, I can see you have a lot of growing up to do so I'll leave you to it.

HomeGuru

Unc said:
Actually its too help other people who might have the same question in the future.

**A: the word is spelled to, as in "to help other people." The word is not spelled too as in "you're too much"

U

Unc

Well it turns out that to open it to find an address or anything IS illegal, so best bet is to send it back to the mail without tampering at all.

Anyways, that answered my question and I even got entertained by a retarded child here, thanks for nothing and if someone could remove this account as I can see that people here are just idiots.

Enjoy yours toys kiddies.

BTW , feel free to reply but I wont be reading it as I have my answer, you'll just be talking to air.

HomeGuru

Unc said:
Well it turns out that to open it to find an address or anything IS illegal, so best bet is to send it back to the mail without tampering at all.

Anyways, that answered my question and I even got entertained by a retarded child here, thanks for nothing and if someone could remove this account as I can see that people here are just idiots.

Enjoy yours toys kiddies.

BTW , feel free to reply but I wont be reading it as I have my answer, you'll just be talking to air.
**A: yes, I have been talkng to air along you airhead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">