• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ear Tree leaning over Neighbors property.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rasgueado

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida.

Not long ago we had a visit from hurricane Frances. By the time Frances
passed through or neighborhood(Citrus County) she had reduced to Tropical
storm strength. However, she was strong enough to blow one of our ear trees
over the neighbors yard. Now it did not actualy fall on his property, but it is
leaning over his yard at an angle. Our neighbor is concerned that the tree will eventualy fall on his shed. Is this an "act of God" and if it is, although the tree is currently leaning over his property, am I legally libable if the tree eventualy falls on his shed or property?

Sincerely,

Rasgueado

FarmerJ

If you plan for cutting down the tree then you wont have to worry about being responsible other wise if you can find a arborist ( some one who specializes in evaluation of trees or a well qaulified tree service perhaps you can learn if any thing can be done with the tree using steel cables to pull it straight again and see if it can be saved that way . If you dont take any action at all you risk giving your nieghbor proof that you arent taking any action and may give them what they need to convince a judge that you were negligent when they end up suing you . IF you have doubt about what I said then go up top to the links and arrange to have a atty help you assess your risk of being sued . THEN for sure the advice you get will be more solid .

R

Rasgueado

I did have a tree surgeon look at it and he told me the tree ain't going anywhere. Would I still be legally liable?

Rasgueado

racer72

If the tree fell down during the storm, act of God. If it falls down later and you have been made aware of the problem, which is appears you have or you wouldn't be here, that is negligence. Yes, you can be held liable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">