• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feeling harassed about voting choices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pentwater2

(Michigan)Yesterday at our morning production meeting at a food manufacturing company the President of our company asked the group of both management and non-management employees to tell him who we are voting for in the Presidential election. I was pointed at first to answer. I said, "no, I'm not going to tell you - that's private" - some commenting within the group pursued and he decided to hand around a piece of paper with the two candidates names on it and told everyone to make a hash mark next to who they were voting for. He voted first - well, I got up and left the room for a few minutes -when I returned the paper was half way around the room. I dodged it myself, but when I sat back down he asked me if I had marked the paper. When the paper came back to him he set it on the conference room table for all to see. Needless to say - nobody in that room marked anything different from him. After the meeting was over he picked up the piece of paper and said "good, I guess I don't need to say more". I was appalled. Isn't it illegal to pressure or tell people how to work or is it simply unethical?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">