• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor Theft/Employment Background Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

copelandtl

What is the name of your state? Georgia, however, occurred in Florida

Scenario: 1995 arrest in Florida for Misdemeanor Petty Theft, pleaded nolo and only signed documents through mail with attorney assistance, never went to court. Living in Georgia at the time, on vacation in Florida. Now, in 2004 seeking employment with background checks.

My questions are:

Is there a time frame within which employers do a search? (I keep hearing 7 years back)

If the offense occurred in Florida (handled by county) and the person charged was a resident of Georgia at the time and has always been a resident of Georgia, what are the chances that the record would be found?

Don't employers usually do a background search using only the states of residence?

Do other states report records to the state of residence?

The facts - 1995 visiting Florida, Georgia resident, Apx 9years later, will a new employer background check find it?

ALSO....same topic, how does this all come into play with working for a bank? My understanding is that you can not have a criminal background and work for a bank (ever).

Whoever responds.....THANKS!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">