• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Morphine induced death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FuzzeeDarkness

Well rather a complicated story so I will keep it short.

We live in Minnesota.

so, approzimately 2 years ago, my father died in his sleep. He was using a cocktail of drugs for his different ailments ie... high BP, heart problems, cholesterol etc...

anyways, the night before his death (he died in the morning), he took a cartidge of liquid morphine (unsure of strength) from ym grandmother who had pancreatic cancer and was on hospice. that night, I witnessed him take a shot of morphine in the shoulder. that was all I seen him take. from differing accounts from his fiance, he gave himself the shot, and she helped<<<i will explain next. anyways, the coroner's report stated death was a combination heart failure and morphine overdose. so no immediate cause of death was given.

so, my dad's fiance,lets call her liz, finds my dad laying on the floor @ 7 in the morning the next morning, she runs around the house like a chicken with her head cut off, but doent call the police until I come out of my room to see whats the commotion.

so, later on, she was talking to her brother @ the hospital on her cell phone, and I overheard her say she gave him the second shot. the deposition she gave police said that she refused to give him the second shot. A nurse apparently heard Liz also say that she gave my father the 2nd shot.

also, in the deposition, she said " I woke up and heard him snoring at 4 am, so I thought to myself, I am alright"...

to my family and myself, this sounds too fishy, especially the previous statement.

so all in all, I was wondering, is there a potential wrongful death suit agaisnt her, and what is the SOL for minnesota?

thanks for your advice,
Travis

hollywoodtdb

you should consult with an attorney right away

you only have a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit

you should consult with an attorney right away

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">