• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Allischarmers61

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Michigan

My husband and I own a business. Last year my husband was killed in an accident. Shortly after that I was hospitalized for about a month. I had no choice but to sign blank checks for the secretary to pay business bills. The secretary took advantage of this horrible situation by making unauthorized purchases, paying himself unearned vacations, sick pay and overtime!! Somehow got a credit card through the business in his name and made numerous personal charges at the business' expense. I could go on and on about the despicable character of this person. He spread lies to my customers, friends and family members to discredit me and make himself look better. Misrepresented himself as the owner of the business and started his own business with my customers! Needless to say, this has harmed the business' reputation and has caused my children and I additional undeserved pain. I have never had to deal with a criminal before and I am not sure where to turn. Please advise. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">