• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Contract Legitimate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

inerkore

What is the name of your state? Texas

Ok I am working with a software company in India. I am located in Dallas, TX. We have been working for 4 months now.

I created a word document with an outline of everything that they are required to do. I sent it to them via email, they printed it out, signed both pages of the agreement, and sent it back. I printed it out, and I signed it as well.

My question is: Is this a valid contract?

What can I do to make it truly valid if it is not? Does it need to be notorized or something? How would I handle this to make sure the agreement is valid. I am in ownership of the software and source code as stated in the agreement, so I want the agreement to be valid. Are there any issues underlying in the fact that its international?

This is my first time posting so I hope I haven't broken any rules. Thankyou,

Laksman

HomeGuru

inerkore said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Ok I am working with a software company in India. I am located in Dallas, TX. We have been working for 4 months now.

I created a word document with an outline of everything that they are required to do. I sent it to them via email, they printed it out, signed both pages of the agreement, and sent it back. I printed it out, and I signed it as well.

My question is: Is this a valid contract?

What can I do to make it truly valid if it is not? Does it need to be notorized or something? How would I handle this to make sure the agreement is valid. I am in ownership of the software and source code as stated in the agreement, so I want the agreement to be valid. Are there any issues underlying in the fact that its international?

This is my first time posting so I hope I haven't broken any rules. Thankyou,

Laksman
**A: no one can tell without first reviewing your contract. Hire an attorney to do so.

JETX

In order to determine if it is a valid contract or what may be needed to make it so, please hold it up to your monitor for a few minutes so that we can read it.

JETX

messedwith said:
Why don't you two butt buddies get a room?
Boy, you really are fascinated with that subject aren't you?? Could it be guilt from your childhood?? Or maybe you're just a closet homosexual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">