• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle on Ebay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

proxim2020

What is the name of your state? TX

I purchased a bike on ebay from a local seller. The item description reads as follows:

Vehicle Description

1996 Suzuki GSX600 Katana. VERY VERY CLEAN!! Has 21,000 miles. Good clear title! COlor is bright yellow. Fairly fresh paint job!! Like new tires! This bike has been thoroughly and mechanically checked out inside and out!! Has new mirrors and new windshield!! It's in A-1 condition. Runs EXCELLENT!! If you are looking for a very nice and clean bike as well as wanting a fast bike then this is the bike for YOU!! MUST SELL!! Serious inquires ONLY!!

"Vehicle Condition

Fairly fresh paint job!! Like new tires! This bike has been thoroughly and mechanically checked out inside and out!! Has new mirrors and new windshield!! It's in A-1 condition. Runs EXCELLENT!!

Terms of Sale

Shipping on any vehicle will be arranged by the buyer. Local pickup prefered but not mandatory. Payment for item must be received within 5-7 business days after auction close. Buyer must email me with payment info. within 2 days after acution close. All items sold "as is". Title transfer or bill of sale available on hand."

I picked up the bike and a worker at the shop rolled it out of a shed where they kept their nice bikes and proceeded to start it. It took 15 mins to start and the worker said it's normal for a bike that has been sitting up for that long. I brought the bike home and had a horrible time trying to start it. I ran it up the street and I was having problems with getting it into gear and keeping it started. I took it by a Suzuki dealer and they could not get it started when I brought it. I left the bike there so they could have a once over to find any problems. In the short amount of time that I left the bike there, the dealer came back with a list of stuff that was needed to make the bike suitable for public street use. One of which was a new front tire, something that was in the listing as being in "like new condition." The front tire is so worn that it's not fit to be put on a wet street. The seller claims that the bike was inspected, but the dealer tells me that some of these things are obvious to the naked eye and could not have been missed like how hard it is to start the bike. Does the seller have the right to lie about the condition of the bike just because they have the words "as is" is in there?

P

proxim2020

Here's a new twist to my little problem. I decided that I want to keep the bike, a friend of mine wants to purchase the bike from me for a winter project. But here's the new problems, the shop that sold me the bike can't give me sufficient title. The title for the bike belonged to someone in a Mass. and was purchased by someone in Texas, a person by the name of John. John never transfered title in his name, probably because he did not want to pay taxes for the bike. John then sold the bike to the shop, who did not transfer title either. The shop sold the bike to me with this Mass. title. The only problem is that the title they gave me is the Mass. title that's to be signed over to John with a bill of sale from Mass. owner signing the bike over to John. Is it possible for me to file a case to force them to give me a sufficient title or to refund my money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">