• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lznewkirk

What is the name of your state?
Ok...my wife lives in Indiana,I live in Texas,we where married in Indiana.
We got married in 1997,only together long enough to have 1 child and I have custody of him.How do I get my name back?

Hisbabygirl77

Get your name back? You are male correct? Do you mean you dont want her to continue to use your last name? If that is the case tough luck she can use it as long as she wants.

nextwife

THe last name she took is now ALSO her name to keep or not. Your first name remains "yours". That is unless she's using that, too. Many woman want to have the same last name as their child.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lznewkirk said:
What is the name of your state?
Ok...my wife lives in Indiana,I live in Texas,we where married in Indiana.
We got married in 1997,only together long enough to have 1 child and I have custody of him.How do I get my name back?

TOP 10 Reasons Why She Wants To Keep Your Surname:

NUMBER 10: When typing your last name, she only has to press 2 keys.

NUMBER 9: Gift shops don't have mini-license plates with "Krysinskihazan".

NUMBER 8: Know what the original title for "Rocky" was? "Krysinskihazan"

NUMBER 7: She got tired of hearing people say, "Here comes Krysinskihazan - - we'd better evacuate!"

NUMBER 6: Instead of her boyfriend saying, "Hey Krysinskihazan! Blow me!", now he uses your last name and he prematurely ejaculates!

NUMBER 5: You're willing to pay her $10,000.00 to change her name to "Vladamir Zhirinovsky".

NUMBER 4: She still finds it amusing to introduce herself as "Mrs. Dick Hertz".

NUMBER 3: She had an offer last week to change her name to "Ginger Vitis".

NUMBER 2: She'll change her surname after she's charged up all the cards to the max!

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why She Wants To Keep Your Surname:

So that people won't laugh at the name Gillooly!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">