• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transporting vs. possession charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michsim11

What is the name of your state?California
My boyfriend was recently stopped by an officer for having no light on his bike. Upon running his name, the officer informed my boyfriend there was a warrant for his arrest due to to a violation of his informal probation. The charge was possesion of stolen property. The officer then searched him and found meythamphetamine. He was charged with transporting and selling. Since no one was around and he was not caught, or even stopped, for selling drugs, why was he not charges simply with possession?

Shay-Pari'e

michsim11 said:
What is the name of your state?California
My boyfriend was recently stopped by an officer for having no light on his bike. Upon running his name, the officer informed my boyfriend there was a warrant for his arrest due to to a violation of his informal probation. The charge was possesion of stolen property. The officer then searched him and found meythamphetamine. He was charged with transporting and selling. Since no one was around and he was not caught, or even stopped, for selling drugs, why was he not charges simply with possession?
Your kidding right?

S

scso4021

Boyfriend?

It's not my business but I think I would find another boyfriend. But speaking as an excop, it is often determined on the amount of drugs and how it is packaged.

For instance is the amount what a reasonable person would consider personal use. Are the drugs in individual baggies of equal quantity as it is normally sold on the street.

Again I would run from this guy. What are you going to do when you are hanging out with him and get stopped in a vehicle. Whose gonna claim the drugs that are found under YOUR seat?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">