• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Info Fast!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nasuswa75

What is the name of your state?SC
My cousin is getting ready to leave her husband to come up here to va with her family, My question is even though the husband has agreed to let her take their 2 children is there some kind of document we need to have him sign so he can't get her for abandonment she would be seeking a divorce form virginia after she has been here for a year but doesnt want anything to bite her in the bottom when it comes time to filing. What should she do, I am going to go pick her up on Thursday and I want everyhting to be in place. Any help will be appreciated, she is leaving him basically for the mental abuse and his lack of care of her and the children, she had a breakdown about 2 months ago and is not getting any help from him or his mother (they live with them) in fact we all believe they are trying to drive her insane. Thanks again Susan

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She'd actually be quite foolish to do this w/o any sort of custody order in place. There is absolutely nothing to stop him from going down to the courthouse the day she leaves and filing for an emergency custody order - her only choice would be to bring the kids back as he'd likely be granted the motion.

What she SHOULD do is speak with a local attorney to find out how to proceed BEFORE removing the kids from the state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">