• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accidentally burned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Selenasmom

What is the name of your state?Texas
I went for a massage and was burned on my back. The therapist used "hot stones" which were stored in a crock pot and had massage oils on them. The burn is approximately 4cm by 5cm and was second degree and located on my lower back. The area seeped serous fluid for about six weeks and now is an ugly raised scar. The therapists insurance company called me and wants to send me a settlement -I had sent them a picture of my back and they paid for my doctor visit and antibiotics and burn cream-I guess they are afraid that I will sue them. I do not know how much money to ask for or what it is worth. My doctor has said that the scar is permanent and that it is not worth my while to have any further treatment since it is on an area that is usually covered by clothing.

It may be in an area that "is mostly covered by clothes" - but what happens "if" you go out and wear a short shirt, or a bikini?

The question is...do YOU feel self concious because of this permanant scar?

Your doctor went to medical school - he/she is not a lawyer. That's who you need to be talking to, to see if you have a case against them.

Get something in writing from the place that burned you. That is showing that they are accepting responsibility for what happened.

Tell them that you want a letter with an offer, and you and your "family" will discuss it. Then contact a lawyer right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">