• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not recording an adverse possesion deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bhirst

What is the name of your state?pa if a neighbor wins their claim against you for ad. pos. but never records a new deed as directed by court,does the land in question revert back to the original owner or does it go to the state because it was taken away and the old owner,who now doesn't want it back because of trash and contamination left on the property by the ad. possessor ?

HomeGuru

bhirst said:
What is the name of your state?pa if a neighbor wins their claim against you for ad. pos. but never records a new deed as directed by court,does the land in question revert back to the original owner or does it go to the state because it was taken away and the old owner,who now doesn't want it back because of trash and contamination left on the property by the ad. possessor ?
**A: good question. Is this what really happened?

B

bhirst

Yes... Home Guru this did happen. My two neighbors have this dispute. the a. p. doesn't now want to file and record the new deed because she does not have the money to pay her att. fees which ran into thousands of $ and the township is on her for zoning violations and to record the deed she has to pay for monuments to be put in and there are 17 of them . They are about $250 each. She also found out that she must pay all the back taxes for 21 years plus interest. This turned out to be the most costly piece of land in the area.I also wonder if my neighbor who lost the land can sue the state if the state takes the land. Could this make the situation a net eminent domain taking? If the a.p. does not ultimately pervail can she be legally attacked or be charged with tresspassing/

HomeGuru

bhirst said:
Yes... Home Guru this did happen. My two neighbors have this dispute. the a. p. doesn't now want to file and record the new deed because she does not have the money to pay her att. fees which ran into thousands of $ and the township is on her for zoning violations and to record the deed she has to pay for monuments to be put in and there are 17 of them . They are about $250 each. She also found out that she must pay all the back taxes for 21 years plus interest. This turned out to be the most costly piece of land in the area.

**A: if the new deed is not filed, then the land still legally belongs to the original current owner.
I also wonder if my neighbor who lost the land can sue the state if the state takes the land. Could this make the situation a net eminent domain taking?

**A: why would the state take the land? Does the state have any public use for the land?
If the a.p. does not ultimately pervail can she be legally attacked or be charged with tresspassing/
**A: what does pervail mean? And what does legally attacked mean?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">