• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carrying a Concealed Weapon with Unlawful Intent Felony Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbandme2119

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My boyfriend was arrested this weekend and charged with a felony of carrying a concealed weapon with unlawful intent. He has no previous criminal history what so ever and his so called "weapon" was a cell phone antennea in his back pocket. He was a victim of circumstance and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He wasn't in a fight, never touched the antennea in his pocket, never touched anyone, but got arrested for having it in there. My question is, do you think there is hope for this being dropped at least to a misdemeanor and he won't have to go back to jail? We don't know how this all works, we're not bad people and never imagined something like this happening, we don't know what's going to happen!

Last edited:

Bravo8

No criminal history, but you're concerned he may have to go BACK to jail?

I'm confused.

If you're going to post BS, at least be consistent.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bravo8 said:
No criminal history, but you're concerned he may have to go BACK to jail?

I'm confused.

If you're going to post BS, at least be consistent.

My response:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Isn't it wondrous how the criminal mind works? No matter how "smart" they think they're being, they always say or do something stupid that trip themselves up. It's sad and it's funny at the same time.

A criminal's life - - living on the edge.

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

I may be having a blond moment, but since when do people carry cell phone antennas in their jeans?

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
--PARIDISE-- said:
I may be having a blond moment, but since when do people carry cell phone antennas in their jeans?
Duh! You just never know when you might run across a phone that needs one! ;)

J

jbandme2119

You don't need to be a smart ass

To clear things up, I said, "Go back to Jail" becasue he spent the night in jail when he got arrested and that's the only time he's been there. He has NO criminal history and was only in jail the night he got arrested and I was wondering if he would have to go back or not. And YES it was a cell phone antennea, earlier in the night the cell phone fell off of it's clip on his jeans and the antennea broke off. He kept it, put it in his pocket so that we could take it in and get it repaired. So you can all stop acting like a smart ass and calling me blonde, it all makes sense if you actually read it!!! I also don't know why a cell phone antennea is considered a dangerous weapon, that's why he pleaded not guilty because it is rediculous.

stephenk

"He was a victim of circumstance and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."

If you want any help, you need to explain what the above means. Why did the police feel the need to even talk to him?

Shay-Pari'e

I don't think she can see beyond her boyfriends story. I highly doubt even a rookie would charge him with a weapon, when "Clearly" it was a cell phone antenna. :rolleyes:

<Bill>

What town in Michigan was this ??

What town in Michigan was this ??

Since the charges are serious I'm sure he will qualify for a court appointed Lawyer
that can clear this up.

djohnson

jbandme2119 said:
It says "cell phone antennea" on the police report

You still didn't answer the question of being in the wrong place and the wrong time. We need to know how it came about before anyone can seriously help you.

V

Vojobo

If the police report says cell phone antennea then I dont think the judge will find this a concealled weapon. This seems like a case that he'lll just be let go scott free unless your not telling us something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">