• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Approx. Value of Pension: Defined Benefit Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mefrazzled

What is the name of your state?I live in Oregon. My pension is with CalPers in California.
Can someone please refer me to a resource where I can obtain an estimated value of my pension? I am 60 and have been receiving benefits for 3 years, it is only $850/month, out of which I pay $160/month for my husband's healthcare premium. He is 51, i am 60. Married 14 years. He has always been the entrepreneur who "can't stand working for someone else" while I slogged away at a job with terrible commute for 11 of those years. His enterprises has lost us far more money than any of them ever earned.

He is in perfect health. Mine, at 60, with a compromised immune system, is not wonderful. I will definitely not be able to get a job with the same earnings I had before ... $30,000/year. I left the marriage not on a whim, but because of prolonged emotional and verbal abuse ... I know, the law is not interested, but someone might choose to give me advice because they see my action as justified. He wants his share of my little pension, he says. So How Much is it Worth? I've searched the web extensively and all I found was some reference to software that lawyers buy, name of it is Divorce Math but it costs $400. Does anyone know of an on-line resource which I can use? I want to know the value so I can decide whether I will need the services of a lawyer. It will help me very much, so far he has been playing cat and mouse with me and this little mouse thinks she needs to get some teeth ... :D Thank you very much, in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">