• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

flooding out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hopelessinMI

What is the name of your state?MICHIGAN
am new to this website, but it looks very interesting and very helpful, and need that desperately. in may of 04, we received some rain, a lot of rain, eight inches. a pond on a neighbor's property flooded out and caused us to have severe property damage. we pumped over a million gallons of water and took on his fish. he claims no responsibility, claiming an act of God. took him to small claims and he moved the case to the civil division. desperately want him to fix his property so i have no more flooding issues, but does the case need to go before a circuit court, or can a civil court judge order him to fix this?? should i get an injunction in place to make him fix this, he's moved the case around and stalled it three times now and am tired of playing this game. have a letter from the county soil erosion and sedimentation control supervisor and the township supervisor that the problem originated from his pond and that he can take measures to fix it, but he has the property for sale and know he doesn't want to take measures to fix it. is this an act of God or are you responsible for keeping your water on your land, esp with support of township and county people backing you??? would love anyone to answer with help.

HomeGuru

hopelessinMI said:
What is the name of your state?MICHIGAN
am new to this website, but it looks very interesting and very helpful, and need that desperately. in may of 04, we received some rain, a lot of rain, eight inches. a pond on a neighbor's property flooded out and caused us to have severe property damage. we pumped over a million gallons of water and took on his fish. he claims no responsibility, claiming an act of God. took him to small claims and he moved the case to the civil division. desperately want him to fix his property so i have no more flooding issues, but does the case need to go before a circuit court, or can a civil court judge order him to fix this?? should i get an injunction in place to make him fix this, he's moved the case around and stalled it three times now and am tired of playing this game. have a letter from the county soil erosion and sedimentation control supervisor and the township supervisor that the problem originated from his pond and that he can take measures to fix it, but he has the property for sale and know he doesn't want to take measures to fix it. is this an act of God or are you responsible for keeping your water on your land, esp with support of township and county people backing you??? would love anyone to answer with help.
**A: hire a real estate attorney to send a demand letter to them and litigate if needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">