• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vandalism Problem ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

samart

What is the name of your state? California

What is the name of your state? California

The incident happen a year ago. It's started from a parking space, one day i was looking for a parking space around my school and found one on the other side of the street and while i was making a u turn, somebody snatch my parking space by putting half of his car body into the parking ( while my car still blocking the rest of the space ) and I ended up scratching his passenger side door and trunk.

Few months later after the incident a complaint letter came saying that somebody is filing a complaint against me ( actually my car )
So i went to the Police department and talk to the officer. He was asking me if i scratch somebody's car ? and i said No until the officer say "we have camera everywhere" then i admit that i keyed somebody's car. The officer asked me if i would like to write a statement but i said no.

2 months ago a letter came into my old address saying "I am writing this letter to informed you of the pending case from the incident that occured near *** . I have tried contact you previously and also sent a couple of estimates along with the letter. Please contact me to take care of this matter since i have not heard a response from you. I hope to hear from you within the next two weeks or my next course of action woule be to take this to small claims court."

But i didnt get the mail because i was out of town and i moved out already. So another letter came about a month after the first letter saying the same thing ( just this time it looks like he put a copy of something at the bottom but i cant read any of it ) -- these two letter was give to me by the person who still live there.

and now a third letter ( which is forwarded automatically by USPS ) came saying the same thing with the same copy at the bottom but i still cant tell what it is.

What should i do ?? If he just make a clear copy of the estimate and shows how much it would be helpful for me ( considering my budget crisis right now )

Thank you and sorry if it's very long

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So.... wait a minute. You keyed his car, is that what you're saying? Pay him to get it fixed, for Christ's sake!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">