• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Drug Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PlanetKing

What is the name of your state? California
In the late 60's when I was 18 I got busted for pot. 1/3 of a lid between six people. After a few days in jail, they let me go and I had probation for two or three years. When I went in to get it changed to a misdamenor they rearrested me because I had a different officer and she didn't like the way I signed my letters. I found at this time it was running a house of narcotics. I got tricked I guess. I had to do a few weeks in jail and could not make a phone call or get a laywer. They made me were hooker clothes in court. They let me go, I think, at least they said sit here, but I left. I was confused to say the least. I never wrote them another letter, but moved elsewhere. I want to find out if I am wanted or if there is some sort of statue of limatations. I can concerend that with all the places, including the planes soon, that want my fingerprints and I will somehow get on the no fly list, which would greatly inhibit my job. How do I find out about my past?

P

PlanetKing

Calif, Hey, I realize I am old and not as exciting as the other people here who got busted, but I really need an answer. How do I find out if I have a warrent out for me for a federal drug crime? Or walking away and never reporting. Without alerting them who is asking. How do I fix it? Is there any statues of limitations that would effect me? Please help me as I sure don't want to be put in that evil jail box again. :confused:

Z

zakman812

As far as I know there is a 20 year statute of limitations. If this is true than that means none of this can come back to hurt you anymore. But do not quote me on this, I am not completely sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">