• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seatbelt ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BNR

What is the name of your state?CA
My question is are you required to go to court for being a passenger and getting a seatbelt ticket. A little over a year ago I was a passenger and I ended up gettin a seatbelt ticket. I had forgot about my ticket for a while, and when I realized that I had forgotten to pay it, I got a hold of some automated number called and gave my citation # and paid the ticket and late fee which was a few dollars more than the orginal ticket. My question is was I suppose to go to court for a seatbelt ticket, because if I was, I apparently didn't but I did pay off my ticket. Thank you for you responses.

B

BNR

well if you're required to show to court for a seatbelt ticket and I didn't, they're could've been a warrant issued still till this day even though I paid the ticket.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BNR said:
well if you're required to show to court for a seatbelt ticket and I didn't, they're could've been a warrant issued still till this day even though I paid the ticket.

My response:

That's right. But, if you were required to appear, now it's no longer about the ticket anymore, is it? That's right, it's about the Failire to Appear. Call the court clerk to find out if a warrant for your arrest has been issued by the court, and find out what's necessary to deal with this problem.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">