• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help I am facing possible criminal fraud charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

D97061201

What is the name of your state? Texas

Long story short went in to a business deal with an individual to sell items on ebay from their import /export company. He was paid but has not delivered anything so I started refunding people as I could because I he was not going to honor his end of the bargain. Our deal was I would list the product pictures and descriptions he gave me and auction the items on E-bay. I would collect payment and keep 20% he would get 80% and he would ship the items. After a month of being strung along I came to the conclusion he was not going to deliver anything. The reason I waited so long was because the items were being shipped from China as two of the owners of the business have an office over there for coordinating the shipments.

I made the mistake of spending the 20% as I got the money as I was in need of food and clothing as I was broke. Because this is an International company I figured my chances of suing him for breach of contract was null and void as we are dealing with international law. I worked out a deal where he would give me the money I gave him and I would start the refunds. In lieu of $4000 he owed me I agreed that he would fulfill an obligation to an individual as he did not have the cash to pay me but his friend owned the Plasma TV manufacturing company in China and would send the TV to this individual to help his friend out. He told me to give this buyer his number and he would take care of him. He has not returned the buyers call and s now the buyer says he is going to file fraud charges with the local police were I live as he is out of state if I don’t pay him by Friday.

I do not have the money to pay him as the Owner of the company has the money and is supposed to deal with him. Also another individual one of the ones I have not yet paid back wants to file fraud charges against me. I have paid back over $10000 dollars to some 15 individuals and have more to pay back but don’t have any more funds. I want to pay everybody back as it is the right thing to do even though I was scammed and have lost $3000 dollars and 2 months in the deal. I am unemployed and in debt up to my ears as this was a chance to make some decent money if everyone played by the rules. I thought for fraud to exist there has to be intent. I have stayed in contact with everyone involved. Have refunded most of the individuals I owe. Have taken phone calls and e-mails, and threats from individuals understandably because they are not getting their money back as quick as they would like. But I did not know this individual was not going to deliver on his end, have stayed in contact with everyone, am making a best faith effort to pay everybody back I just don’t see where I frauded anyone I did not take their money knowing I was going to get ripped off. Only spent the portion that was mine the 20%, have been doing everything I can to get the rest of the people there money back I just don’t see where I committed fraud may be bad judgment but certainly not fraud. Can they press fraud charges against me with my local police department, and if they do what will happen will I be thrown in jail help please?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">