• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will he go to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DefinetlyMaybe

What is the name of your state?NC

Ok so I have a friend who got arrested awhile back for possesion of marijuana and paraphenelia in his car (about a bowl's worth) and got put on probation. He was going to classes, seeing his P.O doing good for awhile but then decided he was sick of buying masking agents(he never stopped smoking) and failed a piss test violating his probation. A warrant went out and the warrant was out for about a month before he got pulled over on a suspended license, got arrested again,spent the night in jail, got bailed out and now has a court date at the end of the month. His first court date after his most recent night in jail, he met with a P.O. and he told them he hasnt stopped smoking so they gave him 3 weeks to stop. Now he is still smoking but is convinced he isnt going to jail. What is going to happen when he meets up with his P.O. again and ultimately goes back to court? Can he just buy some pills so he can pass his piss test again? I am just trying to figure out his reasoning on how he thinks he will not get some jail time and if he does get jail time, for how long?Thanks for the help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
He's going to jail. Oh well. Find new friends. Assuming, of course, that this "friend" isn't you.

D

DefinetlyMaybe

No no no, said friend isn't me. I had a feeling since his record isn't exactly picture perfect in the first place but I just didn't understand how he thought could get out of this situation by trying to slip one by the P.O...I thought there was something I was missing :confused: Thanks for the quick reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">