• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking violation harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mark Zellmer

What is the name of your state? California
I have received three parking tickets, two within a weeks time, for parking in time restricted zones (green zones) in Fullerton, CA. I am handicapped and in each violation my placard was clearly displayed in the front window. I contested the first one and it was dismissed. I am awaiting the decision on the last two.

The law is very clear, to me, and I am beginning to feel like I am being harassed in this city. I understand that cities are short on funds right now, but contesting these tickets takes time and, although a small amount, money. What can I do to help "instruct" the Fullerton police department on what the law says about parking for handicapped individuals and stop this parade of tickets?

Last edited:

CdwJava

Call whoever conducts parking enforcement, point out the law to them, and suggest they advise their personnel that handicap placards permit parking in certain zones.

That's about all you can do unless you have the money to secure an attorney for what would likely be a fruitless lawsuit. And there might even be a disabled persons' rights group that might be able to help spread the word to the city about the issue.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">